Salmon Salad Sandwiches
These are perfect to pack in your kids' lunch boxes when they can't face another boring sandwich. We love the salmon, cream cheese and dill tucked inside a crusty roll. The carrots and celery add a nice crunch.
-Yvonne Shust, Shoal Lake, Manitoba
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon dill weed
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 can (6 ounces) pink salmon, drained, bones and skin removed
- 1/2 cup shredded carrot
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- Lettuce leaves
- 2 whole wheat buns, split
- In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, mayonnaise, lemon juice,
- dill, salt and pepper until smooth. Add the salmon, carrot and
- celery and mix well. Place a lettuce leaf and about 1/2 cup salmon
- salad on each bun. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 463 calories, 29 g fat (12 g saturated fat), 87 mg cholesterol, 1,158 mg sodium, 28 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 25 g protein.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.