Salmon Pasta Salad
This recipe was one of my husband's favorite ways to enjoy salmon. I've had it so long I don't even remember where it came from originally. This salad is a nice light meal for a hot summer day, and it lets the salmon flavor come through.
-Mary Dennis, Bryan, Ohio
6-8 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 1 package (8 ounces) spiral pasta, cooked and drained
- 2 cups fully cooked salmon chunks or 1 can (14-3/4 ounces) pink salmon, drained, bones and skin removed
- 1-1/2 cups quartered cherry tomatoes
- 1 medium cucumber, quartered and sliced
- 1 small red onion, sliced
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1/3 cup fresh lemon or lime juice
- 1-1/2 teaspoons dill weed
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 head lettuce, torn
- In a large bowl, toss the pasta, salmon, tomatoes, cucumber and
- onion. For dressing, combine the oil, lemon or lime juice, dill,
- garlic, salt and pepper; mix well. Pour over pasta. Cover and chill.
- Serve over lettuce. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 332 calories, 18 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 23 mg cholesterol, 514 mg sodium, 27 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 16 g protein.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon