Salmon Grilled in Foil
Steamed in its own juices, this salmon is incredibly tender. Curry adds a punch of flavor that's perfectly balanced by onion and tomato. —Merideth Berkovich, The Dalles, Oregon
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 4 salmon fillets (4 ounces each)
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 small onion, cut into rings
- 2 medium tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- Place salmon, skin side down, on a double thickness of heavy-duty
- foil (about 18 in. x 12 in.). Combine the garlic powder,
- lemon-pepper, curry and salt; sprinkle over salmon. Top with onion
- and tomatoes. Fold foil over fish and seal tightly.
- Grill, covered, over medium heat for 10-15 minutes or until fish
- flakes easily with a fork. Open foil carefully to allow steam to
- escape. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving equals 232 calories, 13 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 67 mg cholesterol, 482 mg sodium, 5 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 24 g protein.
Wine: Full-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.