“Sometimes I forget about this favorite recipe, so my husband will say, ’How about Salisbury Steak for dinner?’ He really likes it,” relates Toni Martin of Byron Center, Michigan.
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- In a large bowl, whisk egg and milk. Add the bread crumbs, 1
- tablespoon gravy mix and onion. Crumble beef over mixture and mix
- well. Shape into two patties, about 3/4 in. thick. Place in a small
- baking pan.
- Broil 3-4 in. from the heat for 6-7 minutes on each side or until a
- thermometer reads 160° and juices run clear.
- Place the remaining gravy mix in a small saucepan; stir in water and
- mustard. Bring to a boil; cook and stir until thickened. Serve with
- patties. Yield: 2 servings.
Wine: Full-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.