I've been making this for at least 20 years. It combines the taste of two of my favorite meat dishes.Lillian DePauw, Newark, New York
4 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 45 min.
- In a bowl, combine 1/3 cup gravy, bread crumbs, onion, lemon peel and
- ginger. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into four
- loaves. Place in an 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20 minutes. Drain fat. Arrange
- potatoes around loaves. Combine remaining gravy with gingersnaps,
- brown sugar and vinegar. Pour over meat and potatoes. Cover and bake
- 25-35 minutes longer or until bubbly. Yield: 4 servings.