Saucy and so simple, these jazzed up meatballs will help you turn out dinner in no time on any busy night. —Maria Regakis, Somerville, Massachusetts
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 large sweet onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 jars (12 ounces each) beef gravy
- 1 package (12 ounces) frozen fully cooked homestyle meatballs, thawed
- Hot cooked egg noodles
- In a large skillet, saute onion and brown sugar in butter until onion
- is tender. Add gravy and meatballs. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat;
- simmer, uncovered, for 4-6 minutes or until meatballs are heated
- through, stirring occasionally. Serve with noodles. Yield: 4
Nutrition Facts: 1 cup (caluclated without noodles) equals 459 calories, 32 g fat (16 g saturated fat), 72 mg cholesterol, 1,571 mg sodium, 25 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 16 g protein.