Salad with Tomato-Green Pepper Dressing
The longer this dressing is refrigerated, the more flavorful it becomes. The bright red-orange color is a sharp contrast to salad greens. At my house, it's everybody's favorite salad topping.
-Virginia Broten, Pinewood, Minnesota
32 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed tomato soup, undiluted
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2/3 cup cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1 large green pepper, cut into chunks
- 1/2 medium onion, cut into chunks
- 1 garlic clove, halved
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- Salad greens and vegetables of your choice
- In a blender, combine the first 10 ingredients; cover and process
- until smooth. In a large bowl, combine salad greens and vegetables
- of your choice. Serve dressing with tossed salad. Store leftovers in
- the refrigerator; shake before using. Yield: 4 cups dressing.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (2 tablespoons) equals 58 calories, 3 g fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 93 mg sodium, 7 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, trace protein.