Salad with Egg Dressing
Egg sparks the taste of this pleasantly sweet cooked dressing from Mary Bloom of Titusville, Pennsylvania. She serves it warm over greens tossed with bacon bits, tomato and more. "Besides lettuce, it's also good over fresh spinach or cabbage," she adds.
6-8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup white vinegar
- 8 cups mixed salad greens
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 4 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1 medium tomato, cut into wedges
- 1/2 cup sliced cucumber
- In a microwave-safe bowl, combine the eggs, sugar and water.
- Microwave, uncovered, on high for 45 seconds. Stir in vinegar; cook
- for 1 to 1-1/2 minutes or until a thermometer reads 160°.
- Meanwhile, in a salad bowl, combine greens, onion, bacon, tomato and
- cucumber. Drizzle with warm dressing; toss to coat. Yield: 6-8
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 102 calories, 3 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 56 mg cholesterol, 82 mg sodium, 16 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 4 g protein.