"This crunchy seasoned oat mixture dresses up salads, soups, casseroles and other dishes in a dash," informs Tami Hermesch of Nineveh, Indiana. "We especially like it on scalloped potatoes."
40 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 2 cups old-fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/3 cup toasted wheat germ
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon seasoned salt
- In a bowl, combine all ingredients; mix well. Spread into an
- ungreased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for
- 15-18 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool in pan on a wire rack.
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3
- months. Yield: 2-1/2 cups.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 tablespoon) equals 41 calories, 3 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 7 mg cholesterol, 45 mg sodium, 3 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 1 g protein.