Sage Mashed Potatoes with Corn
Mashed potatoes seem to be a staple at any holiday mealhere’s a way to jazz them up a bit! The flavor is simply tantalizing, and the corn adds pretty flecks of color. The heavenly aroma alone is enough to draw people to the table.Julie Foppes, Verona, New York
6 ServingsPrep: 30 min. Cook: 20 min.
- 6 medium potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 cup frozen corn, thawed
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1/4 cup minced fresh sage
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Place potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a
- boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 10-15 minutes or until tender.
- Meanwhile, in a small skillet, saute corn in oil until lightly
- browned; set aside. In a small saucepan, combine cream and butter.
- Cook, uncovered, over medium heat until butter is melted. Drain
- potatoes; mash. Add the cream mixture, sage, salt and pepper. Stir
- in corn. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 2/3 cup equals 299 calories, 17 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 47 mg cholesterol, 460 mg sodium, 35 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 4 g protein.