Sage Dressing Patties
These pretty little patties are loaded with flavor and hold their shape well. Celery, onion, bread crumbs and seasonings cook up tender.
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3/4 cup chopped celery with leaves
- 3 tablespoons butter, divided
- 6 slices day-old bread, toasted and crumbled (about 3 cups)
- 3/4 to 1 cup chicken or turkey broth
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh sage or 2 teaspoons rubbed sage
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh parsley
- 2 teaspoons minced chives
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- In a large skillet, saute onion and celery in 1 tablespoon butter
- until tender. Add the bread, broth and seasonings. Shape into six
- In another large skillet, melt remaining butter over medium heat.
- Cook patties on both sides until lightly browned. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 132 calories, 7 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 16 mg cholesterol, 323 mg sodium, 16 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.