Rutabagas with Dill Dressing
A tart dill dressing flavors these roasted rutabaga slices rich in vitamins A and C. The recipe from our Test Kitchen is an easy way to develop a taste for root veggies.
3 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 2 medium rutabagas (1 pound each), peeled, halved and sliced
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoons white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1/8 teaspoon dill weed
- Dash salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 400°. In a small bowl, toss rutabagas with oil,
- salt and pepper. Spread in a single layer in a baking pan coated
- with cooking spray. Bake 30-35 minutes or until tender, stirring
- once. Remove to a wire rack; cool slightly.
- In a small bowl, whisk dressing ingredients. Add rutabagas; toss to
- coat. Serve warm.
- Yield: 3 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 2/3 cup equals 144 calories, 4 g fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 306 mg sodium, 27 g carbohydrate, 8 g fiber, 4 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch, 1/2 fat.