Rustic Mashed Turnips
My husband is a big fan of turnips, so I created this recipe just for him. It has more texture than typical mashed potatoes.
4 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Cook: 15 min.
- 1 medium turnip, peeled and chopped
- 3 medium carrots, peeled and chopped
- 1 medium potato, peeled and cubed
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- Place turnip, carrots and potato in a large saucepan; cover with
- water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 10-15
- minutes or until vegetables are tender. Drain.
- Transfer to a large bowl. Add the butter, sour cream, sugar, salt and
- pepper; mash. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 213 calories, 14 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 41 mg cholesterol, 458 mg sodium, 20 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 2 g protein.