Rum Banana Sauce
Remember to save room for dessert! This sauce is delicious served over ice cream. It's so good, you'll be tempted to forget the ice cream altogether! Katherine Desrosiers - Trail, British Columbia
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 large bananas, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1/2 teaspoon rum extract
- Vanilla ice cream
- In a small saucepan, combine the brown sugar, butter, cream and maple
- syrup. Cook and stir over medium heat for 4-5 minutes or until sauce
- is smooth. Stir in bananas; heat through. Remove from the heat; stir
- in extract. Serve with ice cream. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1/2 cup sauce (calculated without ice cream) equals 397 calories, 17 g fat (11 g saturated fat), 50 mg cholesterol, 104 mg sodium, 63 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 1 g protein.