Rum flavor comes through nicely in these traditional, soft Christmas cookies. Roll half in powdered sugar and the other half in crushed vanilla wafers for visual appeal. —Audrey Larson, Bloomington, Minnesota
- 2-1/2 cups crushed vanilla wafers (about 75 wafers)
- 1 cup ground pecans
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons baking cocoa
- 1/4 cup rum
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons water
- Additional confectioners' sugar and/or crushed vanilla wafers
- In a large bowl, combine the wafer crumbs, pecans, confectioners'
- sugar and cocoa. Combine the rum, honey and water; stir into crumb
- Shape into 1-in. balls. Roll in additional confectioners' sugar
- and/or wafer crumbs. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 3-1/2
Nutrition Facts: 1 rum ball (calculated without additional sugar and wafers) equals 61 calories, 2 g fat (trace saturated fat), 1 mg cholesterol, 21 mg sodium, 10 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1/2 starch, 1/2 fat.