Treat a loved one to this tender chicken topped with plump cranberries and simmered in a spicy orange sauce. I got the recipe at a cranberry festival in Wisconsin. Even those who don't care for cranberries like this flavorful main dish. —Kathy Mead, Gwinn, Michigan
2 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Cook: 35 min.
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 bone-in chicken breast halves (8 ounces each)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 cup fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 1/2 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine flour and salt; add the
- chicken. Seal bag and toss to coat. In a nonstick skillet, brown
- chicken in butter.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, combine the remaining ingredients.
- Bring to a boil over medium heat. Pour over chicken. Cover and
- simmer for 35-40 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 170°.
- Yield: 2 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 chicken breast half with 1/2 cup sauce equals 517 calories, 16 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 126 mg cholesterol, 448 mg sodium, 51 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 41 g protein.