Round Steak Supper
"Here's a meat-and-potatoes dinner that will help you stick to your budget," promises Sandra Castillo from Sun Prairie, Wisconsin. Inexpensive round steak and potatoes are simmered for hours in an onion-flavored gravy to create the satisfying supper.
4 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Cook: 6 hours
- 4 large potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 beef top round steak (1-1/2 pounds)
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 envelope onion soup mix
- Pepper and garlic powder to taste
- Place the potatoes in a 3-qt. slow cooker. Cut beef into four pieces;
- place over potatoes. In a bowl, combine the soup, water, soup mix,
- pepper and garlic powder. Pour over the beef. Cover and cook on low
- for 6-8 hours or until meat and potatoes are tender. Yield: 4
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 583 calories, 9 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 99 mg cholesterol, 1,222 mg sodium, 77 g carbohydrate, 7 g fiber, 48 g protein.
Wine: Light-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.