Rosemary Mushroom Soup
This recipe comes from an herb farm where I worked for 30 years. Although it starts with canned mushroom soup, it tastes rich and from scratch when it's done.Sandra Burrows, Coventry, Connecticut
3 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 cup half-and-half cream
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh rosemary or 1 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 2 tablespoons minced chives
- In a large saucepan, saute mushrooms and garlic in butter until
- tender. Stir in the mushroom soup, cream, rosemary and paprika; heat
- through but do not boil. Sprinkle with chives. Yield: 3 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 335 calories, 28 g fat (16 g saturated fat), 85 mg cholesterol, 909 mg sodium, 13 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 5 g protein.