Rosemary Cashew Chicken
Field editor Ruth Andrewson of Peck, Idaho assures, "This elegant entree with fresh herb flavor is mouthwatering.Ruth Andrewson, Leavenworth, Washington
4-6 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Cook: 4 hours
- 1 broiler/fryer chicken (3 to 4 pounds), cut up and skin removed
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup orange juice concentrate
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup chopped cashews
- Hot cooked pasta
- Place chicken in a 3-qt. slow cooker. Combine the onion, orange juice
- concentrate, rosemary, salt and cayenne; pour over chicken. Cover
- and cook on low for 4-5 hours or until chicken juices run clear.
- Remove the chicken and keep warm.
- In a saucepan, combine flour and water until smooth. Stir in cooking
- juices. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until
- thickened. Stir in cashews. Pour over chicken. Serve with pasta.
- Yield: 4-6 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 piece) equals 305 calories, 17 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 88 mg cholesterol, 506 mg sodium, 8 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 29 g protein.