Rosemary Apricot Loaves
You'll love the herby fragrance that rosemary gives to these deliciously different apricot loaves as they're baking, assures Audrey Thibodeau of Mesa, Arizona.
32 ServingsPrep: 25 min. + cooling Bake: 35 min. + cooling
- 1-1/2 cups apricot nectar
- 1-1/2 cups chopped pitted dates
- 1/2 cup chopped dried apricots
- 1 tablespoon grated orange peel
- 1-1/4 teaspoons dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup evaporated milk
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- In a saucepan, combine apricot nectar, dates and apricots. Bring to a
- boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 5 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Stir in orange peel and rosemary; cook for 10-15 minutes. In a bowl,
- cream butter and sugar. Add egg and milk. Combine flour and baking
- soda; add to creamed mixture alternately with date mixture, beating
- just until combined. Pour into two greased and floured 8-in. x 4-in.
- loaf pans. Bake at 375° for 35-45 minutes or until a toothpick
- inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes;
- remove from pans to wire racks. Yield: 2 loaves.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 slice) equals 122 calories, 3 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 15 mg cholesterol, 95 mg sodium,