Root Vegetable Beef Stew
I found this recipe in our local paper a number of years ago. It's so satisfying on a cold winter or fall day.Mary Rea, Orangeville, Ontario
6 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Cook: 40 min.
- In a Dutch oven or large kettle, cook beef and onion over medium heat
- until meat is no longer pink; drain. Add the broth, vegetables,
- tomato paste, Worcestershire sauce, thyme, salt and pepper. Bring to
- a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 30-40 minutes or until
- vegetables are tender.
- In a small bowl, combine the cornstarch and water until smooth; stir
- into the stew. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until