Root Beer Float Cake
Kat Thompson of Prineville, Oregon adds root beer to both the cake batter and fluffy frosting of this summery dessert to get that great root beer float taste. "Serve this moist cake to a bunch of hungry kids and watch it disappear," she advises.
12-15 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 30 min. + cooling
- 1 package white cake mix (regular size)
- 1-3/4 cups cold root beer, divided
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 envelope whipped topping mix (Dream Whip)
- In a large bowl, combine cake mix, 1-1/4 cups root beer, oil and
- eggs. Beat on low speed for 2 minutes or stir by hand for 3 minutes.
- Pour into a greased 13x9-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 30-35
- minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out
- clean. Cool completely on a wire rack.
- In a small bowl, combine the whipped topping mix and remaining root
- beer. Beat until soft peaks form. Frost cake. Store in the
- refrigerator. Yield: 12-15 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 piece) equals 203 calories, 8 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 27 mg cholesterol, 216 mg sodium, 31 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 2 g protein.