Romaine with Oranges
Mandarin oranges give this crisp, cool salad a refreshing tang that will perk up any meal. There's even orange juice in the light vinaigrette that glistens as it coats the greens.
6 ServingsPrep: 20 min. + chilling
- 6 cups torn romaine
- 2 medium navel oranges, peeled and sectioned
- 6 slices red onion, separated into rings
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 2 teaspoons cider vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Dash ground mustard
- In a large salad bowl, toss the romaine, oranges and onion. In a
- small bowl, whisk the dressing ingredients. Drizzle over salad and
- toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate until chilled; toss before
- serving. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 cup equals 115 calories, 9 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 104 mg sodium, 8 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 fat, 1/2 fruit.