24-30 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 10 min.
- 10 fresh basil leaves or 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 2 cups plum tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/3 cup Crisco® Pure Olive Oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 French bread baguette
- Stack 5 basil leaves one on top of each other; roll up. Slice
- crosswise thinly. Repeat with remaining basil. Combine tomatoes,
- balsamic vinegar and basil. Season with salt and pepper.
- Combine olive oil and garlic in a small microwave-safe bowl.
- Microwave on high 30 seconds.
- Cut bread into slightly angled 1/4-in. pieces. Brush with olive oil
- mixture; place on baking pan. Bake at 425° for 6-8 minutes or
- until golden brown. Just before serving, drain excess liquid from
- tomatoes. Spoon mixture evenly over bread slices. Serve immediately.
- Yield: about 2-1/2 dozen.