These yummy banana splits are topped with a velvety chocolate sauce that's scrumptious..and easy to make!Lizz (Elizabeth) Loder, Fox Point, Wisconsin
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 2/3 cup heavy whipping cream
- 3/4 teaspoon cherry extract
- 6 medium firm bananas, cut in half lengthwise
- 6 scoops each strawberry, vanilla and chocolate ice cream
- Whipped topping, chopped nuts and maraschino cherries with stems
- In a small heavy saucepan, cook and stir chocolate chips and cream
- over low heat until smooth and blended. Remove from the heat. Stir
- in extract; keep warm.
- Place two banana pieces in each of six shallow serving dishes. Top
- each with a scoop of strawberry, vanilla and chocolate ice cream.
- Drizzle with warm chocolate sauce. Garnish with whipped topping,
- nuts and a cherry. Yield: 6 servings.