Rocky Road Freeze
Meet the Cook: Vary my recipe if you like. In place of peanuts, try using walnuts, pecans or cashews on occasion. Or substitute peanut butter chips for the chocolate chips.
For a luscious dessert-on-the-go, put a double dip into a cone. You can also serve this for fancy occasions...it looks luxurious in a clear-glass sauce dish.
-Sheila Berry, Carrying Place, Ontario
12 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + freezing
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 cup chocolate syrup
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup miniature marshmallows
- 1/2 cup miniature chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup chopped salted peanuts
- In a small bowl, combine the milk and chocolate syrup; set aside. In
- a large bowl, beat cream until stiff peaks form. Fold in chocolate
- mixture, marshmallows, chocolate chips and peanuts.
- Transfer to a freezer-proof container; cover and freeze for 5 hours
- or until firm. Remove from freezer 10 minutes before serving.
- Yield: about 1-1/2 quarts.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1/2 cup) equals 360 calories, 23 g fat (13 g saturated fat), 66 mg cholesterol, 92 mg sodium, 36 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 6 g protein.