Rocky Road Cake
This creative take on classic rocky road flavors creates a showstopping and absolutely delectable dessert. Taste of Home Test Kitchen
12 ServingsPrep: 30 min. Bake: 25 min. + cooling
- 1 package chocolate cake mix (regular size)
- 1 can (16 ounces) chocolate frosting
- 1-3/4 cups dry roasted peanuts, divided
- 1-1/2 cups miniature milk chocolate kisses
- 1-1/2 cups miniature marshmallows, divided
- Prepare and bake cake according to package directions, using two
- greased 9-in. round baking pans. Cool for 10 minutes before removing
- from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- Spread frosting between layers and over top and sides of cake. In a
- large bowl, combine 1-1/2 cups peanuts, the chocolate kisses and 1
- cup marshmallows; set aside.
- Arrange remaining marshmallows to form the border of a road across
- the top of cake. Coarsely chop remaining peanuts and sprinkle inside
- marshmallow border. Lightly press chocolate mixture over sides and
- remaining top of cake. Yield: 12 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 slice equals 665 calories, 37 g fat (11 g saturated fat), 60 mg cholesterol, 611 mg sodium, 76 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 10 g protein.