Round out any meal with the natural sweetness of these quick and easy roasted vegetables. "Whole grape tomatoes, onions, peppers, green beans, halved Brussels sprouts and whole cloves of garlic also make delicious additions. Toss with chopped fresh herbs and drizzle with balsamic vinegar or shake on grated Parmesan cheese."
Paula Young - Tiffin, Ohio
12 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Bake: 15 min.
- 2 medium heads cauliflower, broken into florets
- 6 medium carrots
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Cut cauliflowerets and carrots into 1/4-in. slices. Place in a single
- layer in two ungreased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pans. Drizzle
- with oil; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Bake, uncovered, at
- 400° for 15-20 minutes or until tender, stirring once. Yield: 12
Nutrition Facts: 3/4 cup equals 76 calories, 5 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 247 mg sodium, 8 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1 fat.