Roasted Veggie Orzo
“My sister inspired this recipe. I added a few more spices, but the concept is hers. It's easy to vary, is a great way to add veggies to your diet and the olive oil is heart healthy.”Jackie Termont - Richmond, Virginia
8 ServingsPrep: 25 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 1-1/2 cups fresh mushrooms, halved
- 1 medium zucchini, chopped
- 1 medium sweet yellow pepper, chopped
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, chopped
- 1 small red onion, cut into wedges
- 1 cup cut fresh asparagus (1-inch pieces)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon each dried oregano, thyme and rosemary, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/4 cups uncooked orzo pasta
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- Place vegetables in a 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan coated with
- cooking spray. Drizzle with oil and sprinkle with seasonings; toss
- to coat. Bake at 400° for 20-25 minutes or until tender,
- stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, cook orzo according to package directions. Drain; transfer
- to a serving bowl. Stir in roasted vegetables. Sprinkle with cheese.
- Yield: 8 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 3/4 cup equals 164 calories, 3 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 2 mg cholesterol, 188 mg sodium,