Roasted Vegetables with Orzo
A little peppery heat warms up this tasty and versatile veggie-and-orzo side dish from Sam Stusek in Annapolis, Maryland. “I often substitute a variety of our favorite seasonal vegetables and it's always delicious,” he notes.
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 cup uncooked orzo pasta
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 cup each chopped green and sweet red pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1-3/4 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Cook orzo according to package directions. Meanwhile, in an ungreased
- 2-qt. baking dish, combine the remaining ingredients.
- Bake, uncovered, at 450° for 15-20 minutes or until vegetables
- are tender, stirring occasionally. Drain orzo; stir into vegetable
- mixture. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 2/3 cup equals 178 calories, 5 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 202 mg sodium, 28 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 5 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 1/2 fat.