Roasted Root Vegetables
Pleasantly seasoned with rosemary and garlic, this appealing side dish showcases good-for-you turnips, carrots and potatoes. It's a nice homey addition to our family's holiday meal.
-Kerry Sullivan, Maitland, Florida
10-12 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 45 min.
- 5 medium red potatoes, cubed
- 4 medium carrots, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 2 small turnips, peeled and cubed
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 to 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh rosemary or 1 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Place the potatoes,carrots, turnips and garlic in a greased 13-in. x
- 9-in. baking dish. Drizzle with oil; sprinkle with rosemary, salt
- and pepper. Stir to coat.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 35 minutes. Increase temperature to
- 450°; bake 10-15 minutes longer or until vegetables are tender.
- Yield: 10-12 servings.
Nutrition Facts: One 3/4-cup serving (prepared with 2 tablespoons oil) equals 55 calories, 3 g fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 144 mg sodium, 7 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 1 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1/2 fat.