Roasted Red Potatoes
"These tender, tasty potatoes are so simple to make," confirms Kitty Hernandez of Chicago, Illinois. "There's no need to peel them - just slice, season and bake."
4 ServingsPrep: 5 min. Bake: 40 min.
- 1 pound small red potatoes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- Cut the potatoes into 1/4-in.-thick slices; toss with oil. Place in a
- single layer in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Sprinkle with
- salt, pepper and Parmesan cheese. Cover tightly with foil. Bake at
- 350° for 40 minutes or until tender. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutrition Facts: One serving equals 117 calories, 352 mg sodium, 2 mg cholesterol, 15 gm carbohydrate, 4 gm protein, 4 gm fat. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 fat.