Roasted Red Pepper Dip
"This creamy dip is a nice addition to an appetizer buffet," assures Priscilla Gilbert of Indian Harbour Beach, Florida. "It's received many compliments, and I've handed out several copies of the recipe."
Seeing red. Sweet red peppers are an excellent source of vitamin A, which promotes better vision both at night and during the day.
8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1 cup (8 ounces) fat-free sour cream
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1/2 teaspoon prepared horseradish
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 4 drops hot pepper sauce
- 1 jar (7 ounces) roasted sweet red peppers, drained and chopped
- 1 medium sweet red pepper
- Assorted fresh vegetables
- In a small bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Stir in the
- roasted red peppers. Cut a thin slice off one long side of sweet red
- pepper; remove seeds. Spoon dip into pepper cup. Serve with
- vegetables. Yield: 2 cups.
Nutrition Facts: 1/4 cup dip (calculated without red pepper cup and vegetables) equals 90 calories, 5 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 10 mg cholesterol, 192 mg sodium, 9 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 fat, 1/2 starch.