- uncovered, at 425° for 25 minutes. Stir in pears; bake 20-25
- minutes longer or until parsnips are golden brown and tender,
- stirring occasionally.
- In a Dutch oven, cook the leeks, celery and shallots in butter
- over medium heat for 4-6 minutes or until tender. Stir in the broth,
- maple syrup, bay leaf, thyme and parsnip mixture. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered for 30 minutes.
- Cool slightly. Discard bay leaf. In a blender, process soup in
- batches until smooth. Return all to pan. Stir in cream; heat
- For garnish, in a large skillet, heat the butter, sugar, cumin and
- coriander until sugar is melted, stirring occasionally. Add pears;
- saute for 2-3 minutes or until crisp-tender. Arrange over servings
- of soup. Yield: 9 servings (2-1/4 quarts).
Nutrition Facts: 1 cup equals 317 calories, 16 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 42 mg cholesterol, 802 mg sodium, 43 g carbohydrate, 7 g fiber, 3 g protein.