- onion powder, salt and pepper. Add wine and remaining oil. Place
- roast fat side up in a shallow roasting pan. Cut slits into roast;
- spoon garlic mixture into slits. Rub remaining garlic mixture over
- roast. Pour beef broth into bottom of pan.
- Bake, uncovered, at 450° for 15 minutes. Reduce heat to 325°;
- bake 2-1/4 to 2-3/4 hours longer or until meat reaches desired
- doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 145°;
- medium, 160°; well-done, 170°).
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine sauce ingredients. Cover and
- chill until serving. Remove roast to a serving platter and keep
- warm; let stand for 15 minutes before slicing. Serve with sauce.
- Yield: 12 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 6 ounces cooked beef with about 1 tablespoon sauce equals 335 calories, 21 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 13 mg cholesterol, 340 mg sodium, 3 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 32 g protein.
Wine: Light-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.