Roasted Fan-Shaped Potatoes
These wonderful oven-roasted potatoes are very pretty to servethe partially cut slices spread out in the shape of a fan. Folks at a potluck can easily take as many slices as they want. I especially like these potatoes with ham, roast pork or beef.
12 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 55 min.
- 12 large baking potatoes
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 6 tablespoons dry bread crumbs
- 6 tablespoons shredded Parmesan cheese
- With a sharp knife, slice potatoes thinly but not all the way
- through, leaving slices attached at the bottom. Place potatoes in a
- greased shallow baking dish. Sprinkle with salt; brush with 1/4 cup
- butter. Bake, uncovered, at 425° for 30 minutes.
- Brush potatoes with remaining butter and sprinkle with bread crumbs.
- Bake 20 minutes longer. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Bake 5-10
- minutes more or until potatoes are tender and golden brown. Yield:
- 12 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 382 calories, 9 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 22 mg cholesterol, 269 mg sodium, 69 g carbohydrate, 6 g fiber, 9 g protein.