Roasted Corn Salsa
"This colorful salsa is worth the extra time it takes to grill the ears of corn," assures field editor Nancy Horsburgh of Everett, Ontario. "The flavor goes well with barbecued meats, but it's also tasty served with chips."
10 ServingsPrep: 30 min. Grill: 20 min. + cooling
- 2 medium ears sweet corn in husks
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped green pepper
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped sweet red pepper
- 1 teaspoon minced seeded jalapeno pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- Tortilla chips
- Peel back husks of corn but don't remove; remove silk. Replace husks
- and tie with kitchen string. Place corn in a bowl and cover with
- water; soak for 20 minutes. Drain. Grill corn, covered, over
- medium-high heat for 20-35 minutes or until husks are blackened and
- corn is tender, turning several times. Cool.
- Remove corn from cobs and place in a bowl. Add tomatoes, onion,
- cilantro, lime juice, peppers, salt and pepper. Serve with tortilla
- chips. Yield: about 2-1/2 cups.
Nutrition Facts: One serving (1/4 cup salsa) equals 24 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 64 mg sodium, 5 g carbohydrate,