Roasted Corn Muffins
I have never gone back to my old corn bread recipe after finding this one. Adding corn to the batter gives it color and extra flavor.
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/2 cup frozen corn
- In a small bowl, cream the butter and sugar. Beat in the egg, honey
- and salt.
- Combine the flour, cornmeal and baking powder; add to the creamed
- mixture alternately with the milk. Fold in the frozen corn.
- Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full. Bake at
- 400° for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Serve
- warm. Yield: 6 muffins.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 261 calories, 9 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 57 mg cholesterol, 209 mg sodium, 41 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 4 g protein.