- for 20 minutes before carving.
- Pour drippings into a small saucepan; skim fat. Combine flour and
- remaining broth until smooth; whisk into the pan. Bring to a boil;
- cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Discard onion, lemon, orange and herbs from the turkey; transfer
- turkey to a serving platter. Garnish the platter with additional
- citrus fruits and herb sprigs if desired. Serve turkey with gravy.
- Yield: 14-16 servings (2 cups gravy).
Nutrition Facts: 8 ounces cooked turkey with 2 tablespoons gravy equals 500 calories, 24 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 223 mg cholesterol, 650 mg sodium, 2 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 64 g protein.
Wine: Medium-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer