"This moist and tender chicken is a real time-saver on a busy weekend," writes Marian Platt of Sequim, Washington. "A simple blend of seasonings makes it a snap to prepare, and it smells heavenly as it roasts."
8-12 ServingsPrep: 5 min. Bake: 1-1/2 hours
- 2 roasting chickens (about 5 pounds each)
- 1 teaspoon each salt, seasoned salt, celery salt and onion salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Pat chickens dry. Place with breast side up in an ungreased 13-in. x
- 9-in. baking pan. Combine seasonings; rub over and inside chickens.
- Cover and bake at 400° for 1 hour. Uncover and bake 30 minutes
- longer or until a meat thermometer reads 180°. Serve one chicken
- Cool the second chicken; debone and cube the meat and refrigerate or
- freeze (may be frozen for up to 3 months). Yield: 4-6 servings per
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (12 ounces) equals 138 calories, 5 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 64 mg cholesterol, 660 mg sodium, trace carbohydrate, trace fiber, 21 g protein.
Wine: Full-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.