- and onion during the last hour. Cover loosely with foil if chicken
- browns too quickly.
- Remove chicken from oven; tent with foil. Let stand 15 minutes before
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, combine sugar and cornstarch. Stir in
- water until smooth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir 2 minutes or
- until thickened. Remove from heat. Stir in lemon juice, lemon peel
- and food coloring if desired.
- Serve sauce with chicken and vegetables. Sprinkle with green onion.
- Yield: 6 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 6 ounces cooked chicken with 3/4 cup vegetables and 2 tablespoons sauce equals 640 calories, 32 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 179 mg cholesterol, 414 mg sodium, 30 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 57 g protein.
Wine: Full-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.