Roasted Brussels Sprouts & Cauliflower
My grandkids were never huge fans of cauliflower, but the bacon makes a big difference in this dish. They like it even more with golden cauliflower instead of white. — Patricia Hudson, Riverview, Florida
12 ServingsPrep: 25 min. Cook: 20 min.
- 8 bacon strips, chopped
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 4 cups Brussels sprouts, halved
- 4 cups fresh cauliflowerets
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Additional grated Parmesan cheese, optional
- In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp, stirring
- occasionally. Remove with a slotted spoon; drain on paper towels.
- Discard drippings, reserving 1 tablespoon.
- In a large bowl, mix the garlic, oil, butter, salt, pepper and
- reserved drippings. Add Brussels sprouts and cauliflowerets; toss to
- coat. Transfer to two greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pans.
- Bake at 350° for 15 minutes. Sprinkle each pan with 2 tablespoons
- cheese. Bake 3-5 minutes longer or until vegetables are tender.
- Sprinkle with bacon and, if desired, additional cheese. Yield: 12
- servings (1/2 cup each).