Roasted Asparagus With Thyme
This is good-for-you spring-time side dish is so easy to prepare, yet the simply seasoned spears look appealing enough to serve guests or take to carry-in dinner.
Keansburg, New Jersey
12 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 3 pounds fresh asparagus, trimmed
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh thyme or 3/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Place asparagus in a baking pan lined with heavy-duty foil. Drizzle
- with oil and toss to coat. Sprinkle with the thyme, salt and pepper.
- Bake, uncovered, at 425° for 10-15 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- Yield: 12 servings.
Nutrition Facts: One serving (7 to 8 spears) equals 55 calories, 4 g fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 101 mg sodium, 4 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1/2 fat.