Roast Corn on the Cob
Every summer, my family looks forward to corn on the cob. I make it extra special by roasting it.Johnnie McLeod, Bastrop, Louisiana
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 6 ears fresh sweet corn
- 6 tablespoons butter, divided
- 6 ice cubes
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Additional butter, optional
- Remove husk and silk from corn. Place each ear of corn on a piece of
- aluminum foil. Add 1 tablespoon butter and 1 ice cube. Wrap
- securely, twisting ends to make handles for turning.
- Grill corn over medium direct heat for 5-6 minutes on each side or
- until tender. Season with salt and pepper and additional butter if
- desired. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 178 calories, 12 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 31 mg cholesterol, 130 mg sodium, 17 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 3 g protein.