Roast Beef with Peppers
Having eaten home-raised beef all of my life, I've learned to cook all the various cuts. This flavorful roast gets Italian flair from oregano and garlic.Jeanne Murray, Scottsbluff, Nebraska
8-10 ServingsPrep: 35 min. Bake: 3 hours + standing
- 1 beef rump roast or bottom round roast (3 pounds)
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3 cups hot water
- 4 teaspoons beef bouillon granules
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 to 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 3 medium bell peppers, julienned
- 3 tablespoons butter
- In a Dutch oven, brown roast on all sides in oil over medium-high
- heat; drain. Combine the water, bouillon, oregano, garlic, salt and
- pepper; pour over roast.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 3 hours or until meat is tender.
- Remove roast to a warm serving platter. Let stand 10 minutes before
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute peppers in butter until tender.
- Serve peppers and pan juices with the roast. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (6 ounces) equals 253 calories, 14 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 91 mg cholesterol, 512 mg sodium, 3 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 27 g protein.