- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, heat broth and keep warm. In a Dutch
- oven, saute the onions, peppers, pine nuts and garlic in butter
- until tender, about 3 minutes. Add rice; cook and stir for 2-3
- minutes. Carefully stir in 1 cup warm broth. Cook and stir until all
- of the broth is absorbed.
- Add remaining broth, 1/2 cup at a time, stirring constantly. Allow
- the liquid to absorb between additions. Cook until risotto is creamy
- and rice is almost tender. (Cooking time is about 20 minutes.)
- Stir in 1/2 cup cheese, parsley and pepper. Place 3/4 cup risotto in
- each mushroom cap. Sprinkle with remaining cheese; serve
- immediately. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 stuffed mushroom equals 353 calories, 11 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 19 mg cholesterol, 813 mg sodium, 53 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 9 g protein.