"I replaced the ham in the original recipe for this skillet dinner with turkey ham and used less olive oil and more veggies," says Lynda McClellan of West Melbourne, Florida. The result is an appealing entree that's not too heavy.
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 12 ounces uncooked rigatoni or large tube pasta
- 1-1/2 cups cubed fully cooked ham
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, julienned
- 1 medium sweet yellow pepper, julienned
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3/4 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1-3/4 cups fresh baby spinach
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Cook rigatoni according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large
- skillet, saute the ham, mushrooms, peppers and garlic in oil until
- vegetables are tender.
- Stir in the broth and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer
- for 3 minutes. Drain rigatoni and rinse in cold water. Add pasta and
- spinach to the ham mixture; toss to coat. Sprinkle with the Parmesan
- Yield: 6 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1-1/2 cup equals 334 calories, 9 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 27 mg cholesterol, 608 mg sodium,