Rich Potato Casserole
I got the recipe for these irresistible potatoes from a friend in my country line-dance club several years ago. It's a favorite at every potluck I've taken it to. So when I married Cliff on our farm, this saucy dish was automatically part of the wedding menu.
26-30 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 55 min.
- 2 packages (30 ounces each) frozen shredded hash brown potatoes, thawed
- 3/4 cup butter, melted, divided
- 4 cups (32 ounces) sour cream
- 2 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 bunch green onions, sliced
- 4 cups (16 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 cups cornflakes, crushed
- In a large bowl, combine the potatoes, 1/2 cup butter, sour cream,
- soup, onions, cheese, salt and pepper. Transfer to two greased
- shallow 3-qt. baking dishes. Combine cornflakes and remaining
- butter; sprinkle evenly over tops. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for
- 55-60 minutes or until bubbly. Yield: 26-30 servings.
Tip: Assemble casserole; cover and refrigerate. Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before baking.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 209 calories, 15 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 50 mg cholesterol, 347 mg sodium, 12 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 6 g protein.