Rich Mashed Potatoes
I CREATED this recipe to serve my husband and me, but it's so tasty I also prepare it for special occasions when we have dinner guests.
The secret to the fluffy texture is making sure the potatoes are well drained, and heating the butter and cream before adding them.
-Bessie Hulett, Shively, Kentucky
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 2 medium potatoes (about 3/4 pound), peeled and cubed
- 3 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Minced fresh parsley, optional
- Place potatoes in a saucepan; cover with water. Cook until tender,
- about 10-12 minutes; drain. Add cream, butter, salt and pepper; mash
- until smooth. Garnish with parsley if desired. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 296 calories, 14 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 46 mg cholesterol, 374 mg sodium, 39 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 5 g protein.