- Return beef to pan. Add broth, potatoes, carrots and rutabagas; bring
- to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 1-1/2 hours or until
- vegetables are tender and meat is almost tender.
- Add tomatoes and red pepper; return to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and
- simmer 30-40 minutes or until meat and vegetables are tender. Serve
- with sour cream. Yield: 15 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 cup equals 207 calories, 7 g fat (0 saturated fat), 40 mg cholesterol, 376 mg sodium, 20 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 16 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 lean meat, 2 vegetable, 1/2 fat.
Wine: Light-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.